Audiocast Operator Assisted
Managed Event Service ChangesPlease read this important information about temporary changes to our Managed Event
Important notice: Temporary changes to the BT Premium Managed Event service
To enable us to deal with the increased demand of our services, we are making some temporary changes to the BT Premium Managed Event service.
The changes below will allow us to focus on delivering our core service which is essential to help you and all our customers with business continuity during these unprecedented times.
Suspended: Meet and Greet service
We have stopped offering attended entry for our Premium Managed Event service. (This is the Meet and Greet service where a user dials in, we answer the call and speak directly with them asking for their meeting passcode to join them into the call).
Alternative: Our pre-registration or automated entry methods will be offered as alternatives for Meet and Greet. These services allow many more users (1000s) to join an event call compared to Meet and Greet calls which are limited to approx. 400 users per call and have time of day or day of week restrictions too.
You will continue to receive our high touch event service with a BT Event co-ordinator (operator) so you get the same experience with these alternative methods of joining premium event meetings.
These simple steps will help you make the most out of your Audiocast Operator Assisted conference.
- Set meeting times that work across time zones
Remember your participants may be in time zones other than your own.
- Double check the confirmation email for accuracy
Be sure to check the details of your confirmation email when you receive it, to ensure accuracy.
- Communication prior to the call is critical
An event manager will contact you prior to your call to confirm details, and to discuss how the call is run.
- Cancel a call
If you must cancel your call, please contact the help desk at least 24 hours prior to start time.
- Begin and end meetings on time
If you are the host of the conference, dial in up to 15 minutes early. Use the extra time to greet presenters or discuss any last minute concerns with the operator.
- Help is always available by pressing * 0
- For all Audiocast Operator Assisted conferences, the operator will be monitoring your call for help signals.
Note: For security reasons, the operator is not listening, but is monitoring the call in case of any issues.
- Remind participants about follow-up or review
- If you recorded the event, remind participants (and other invitees who did not attend the meeting) that there is replay and recording available (if applicable).
- Post-call features will be sent to host
If host has requested post-call features, such as a participant list or a recording of the conference, this information will be sent after the conference.